Monday, November 10, 2008

Birthdays and lash outs in the country world today



Today seems to be a busy news day for country fans. Lets start with the happy news... It is Miranda Lambert (1983) and Chris Cagles (1968) birthday today. Since I just wrote about Chris Cagle because I got Myth nightclub tickets for his concert on November 14th, I will write a little bit about Miranda Lambert. Lambert grew up in Lindale, Texas. In 2003, Lambert auditioned for the talent competition Nashville Star, eventually becoming a third-place finisher on the show. On September 15, 2003, she signed with Epic Records and released her first album, Kerosene, in 2004. I was addicted to this album I was some how able to relate to most of the songs. Even till this day if I hear a song from that album I have a flash back to what was going on in my life back then and how the song related. Some of the amazing songs that came off that album were; "Me and Charlie Talking", "Kerosene", and my favorite "Bring Me Down." Her second album, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend was released in 2007and has already had a few top 40 hits. "Famous in a Small Town", "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend", and "Gunpowder and Lead" are going to make this a very successful album for Miranda.
On to the bad news....
Toby Keith is not very happy with the CMA's today. Toby has been recognized by Forbes as the biggest income-earner in the business at the moment, but he’s nowhere to be found among the CMA nominees. Toby tells reporters, "How can you be the No. 1 ticket-seller, No. 1 album-seller, Academy of Country Music's Entertainer of the Year?, BMI Songwriter of the Year, American Music Awards winner, Billboard — all of them — and not win? And then they blackballed me. These last two, three years, I haven't been nominated." I am by no means one of Toby Keith's biggest fans but on this one I agree with him. I love watching all the country award shows, but they always seem to snub a few people. With almost all the award shows I never see Dierks Bentley which is absolutely crazy to me and this time countries biggest seller isn't nominated. I will always love the country community but sometimes you have to wonder what is going through there minds during award seasons.

1 comment:

Glenda, saved by grace said...

Hello from Miranda's hometown!