Monday, January 5, 2009

Country Music news: People's Choice Awards


On January 7Th, 2009 the People's Choice Awards will be airing on CBS. A few of our country artist received nominations but not many. The artist that will be representing country music at the People's Choice Awards are: Brad Paisley and Kenny Chesney for Favorite Male Singer, Carrie Underwood for Favorite Female Singer, and Rascal Flatts for Favorite Group. The three songs that were chosen for Favorite Country Song are; "Last Name" by Carrie Underwood, "Love Story" by Taylor Swift, and "Take Me There" by Rascal Flatts. I Love all three of these songs and the artist that were nominated but I don't think I will be taking time out of my night to watch this award program. It doesn't make sense to me why they only had three choices under each category when 2008 was such an amazing year for every form of entertainment. Also, I don't understand why they didn't have separate categories for favorite female/male country artist and favorite female/male pop artist. Brad Paisly and Kenny Chesney should not be in the same category as Chris Brown. They are all amazing performers/artist but you can't compare there music and style with each other cause they are so different. The only thing that might make me watch the People's Choice Awards are the performances by Rascal Flatts and Carrie Underwood. They always put on an amazing show and it might be worth sitting through an award show that just doesn't really make sense to me to be able to see them perform.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you girl!