Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Top country songs of 2009


The year is coming to an end and it has definitely been a long year! My year started out with my house burning down and then many other bad luck things followed. Luckily I have amazing friends and family that got me through this year with a smile on my face for most of 2009 because of them! The other thing that really helped was all the great country songs that were released this year. Anytime something bad happened all I had to do was turn on a country station and sing along with all my favorite country songs to make me happy again. I started a list of my favorite 2009 country songs and it ended up being very long long. After much consideration I narrowed it down to 20 songs and this is what I came up with:

#20 "Cowgirls Don't Cry"-Brooks and Dunn with Reba McEntire
#19 "Eight Second Ride"-Jake Owen
#18 "Then"-Brad Paisley who is coming to the Xcel on January 16th
#17 "Here Comes Goodbye"-Rascal Flatts
#16 "History in the Making"-Darius Rucker
#15 "Why Don't We Just Dance"-Josh Turner
#14 "Dead Flowers"-Miranda Lambert
#13 "Red Light"-David Nail
#12 "I'll Just Hold On"-Blake Shelton
#11 "Strange"-Reba McEntire
#10 "Do I"-Luke Bryan
#9 "Keep On Lovin You"-Steel Magnolia
#8 "White Horses"-Taylor Swift
#7 "Run To You"-Lady Antebellum
#6 "Sweet Thing"-Keith Urban
#5 "Consider Me Gone"-Reba McEntire
#4 "She's Country"-Jason Aldean
#3 "Need You Now"-Lady Antebellum
#2 "I Wanna Make You Close Your Eyes"-Dierks Bentley
#1 "Big Green Tractor"-Jason Aldean

It has been a crazy year but I am a lucky girl to have so much love in my life and I know great things will be coming in 2010 including more great country music!

2 comments:

Ticket King Theatre said...

Sounds like a great list! I haven't tuned into too much country this year, since I flip flop between K102 and KS95, but I'm sure I've heard most of these songs. I'll have to check them out!

Keep smiling! Happy New Year! :)

Kristy said...

Great List Country Girl! I would add "Wild At Heart" - Gloriana; "Love Story" - Taylor Swift; "Boots On" - Randy Houser and probably "Last Call" - Lee Ann Womack . . .just to add a few. There were a lot of great country songs in 2009!


P.S. I totally agree on your #1 - I can't wait to see Jason Aldean in concert!