Monday, December 28, 2009

Top New Country Artist of 2009


Just a few more days left of 2009 and it has been a great year for new country artist! I have made another list and this one is my favorite new country artist of 2009. Some of the artist have been releasing music for longer than a year but they became popular in 2009 so that is why they are on my list. Let me know if I forgot anyone from the list...

#9 Bomshel- Bomshel became popular this year with their two singles "Fight Like a Girl" and "19 and Crazy"

#8 Justin Moore- Justin Moore blew up the charts this year with his single "Small Town USA." Justin Moore is currently on tour with Brad Paisley and Miranda Lambert.

#7 Randy Houser- Randy Houser released one of my favorite songs "Anything goes" in 2008 but he gained a lot of popularity this year with "Boots On" and "Whistlin' Dixie." Randy Houser will be performing at the World's Toughest Rodeo at the Xcel Energy Center on January 29th and 30th. I got a chance to see Randy Houser live at the Cabooze earlier this year and he is an amazing performer.

#6 Gloriana- Gloriana became one of new favorite bands the moment I heard "Wild at Heart." Gloriana is still touring with Taylor Swift and Kellie Pickler.

#5 Zac Brown Band- The Zac Brown Band had an HUGE year in 2009. The Zac Brown Band had a ton of success with "Chicken Fried," "Whatever It Is," "Toes" and "Highway 20 Ride." I saw Zac Brown Band when they opened for Keith Urban and they definitely have a lot of energy and are very talented musicians.

#4 Love And Theft- Love and Theft gained popularity after the release of their first single "Runaway." Love and Theft just released my new favorite song "Dancing in Circles" and I'm sure they have many more great songs to follow up those two.

#3 Steel Magnolia- Steel Magnolia were the winners of CMT's show Can You Duet. I am absolutely in love with their single "Keep On Lovin' You" and I can't wait to hear more of their music.

#2 David Nail- I saw David Nail in concert a few months ago at a really small venue because he wasn't really known then. He was a great performer and has an amazing voice. David Nail has become much more popular since the release of "Red Light." I have a feeling he will becoming even more popular in 2010.

#1 Darius Rucker- There are too many great things I can say about Darius Rucker. He seems like such a nice guy and is so thankful to all of his country fans for excepting him right away. He has such heart filled songs like "Don't Think I Don't Think About it," "Alright," "History in the Making" and "It won't be like this for Long." Darius Rucker will be around for a very long time and that makes me very happy!

"Dancing in Circle"

Well I don't understand why we
Do what we do to each other
According to His word we're
All born sisters and brothers

But we lie and we steal
Fight and we kill
Even though we know the way

Why do we go dancing in circles
When we know it never ends
We come so close to loving each other
And then, we go dancing in circles again

All through the ages we
Try to share this world together
Turning the pages, pretending
We'll live here forever

But we'll have to face
Our maker someday
And reap what we've sown all the way

Why do we go dancing in circles
When we know it never ends
We come so close to loving each other
And then, we go dancing in circles again

And we know how so
Why can't we just get it right?
And I pray someday
We'll overcome all the damage we've done
And we'll fight

Why do we go dancing in circles
When we know it never ends
We come so close to loving each other
And then, we go dancing in circles again

3 comments:

Kristy said...

GREAT GREAT LIST! Santa brought my family the Bomshel CD and the Love and Theft CD! We have been listening to them non-stop (-:

We already have the Gloriana CD and the Darius Rucker CD ... we love our country music!

Anonymous said...

I have to say...Zac Brown Band has my heart :) Thanks for the great list. Happy New Years!

B said...

Love love love, Gloriana and Zac Brown Band. Thanks for the great list!