Thursday, October 16, 2008

"Johnny and June"


My new favorite country song of the month has to be "Johnny and June" by Heidi Newfield. I was not suprised but happy to hear that it finally broke the top 10! I did a little research on this song and found out that Heidi actually spent some time with Johnny and June Cash when she was with her old band Tric Pony. They all recorded a song together. Heidi said she learned so much from spending that time with them that she could have never learned from watching a movie or listening to music. For months I didn't know what one of the last verses was so I also looked that up just incase any of you were wondering the same thing. "More than life itself, no one else, this endless promise, they don't make love like that anymore, is that too much to be asking for...."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have loved this song for a long time. I remember when K102 did it as a "test tune" last spring. I downloaded it on my itunes last April and have been listening to it over and over and I am still not sick of it. Thanks for the Johnny and June lyics Country Music Girl!